Supply Chain & Materials Management
Today’s healthcare reimbursement environment is forcing organizations to find new ways to reduce cost while improving operational efficiency, quality and patient satisfaction. To meet this demand, hospitals are looking at clinical supply chain and materials management as an area to gain cost efficiency.
The J2 Group provides health systems Materials Management (MM)/Supply Chain consulting services. We can assist your Materials Management department to improve the direct components within Supply Chain related to cost analysis and workflow hospital-wide. As part of our commitment in this area, J2 staff has been awarded the Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) designation from The Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM).
J2’s 20+ years of Perioperative Service improvements is still the backbone of our offering. We expanded our services to include a full scope of MM/Supply Chain consulting services because we recognize that Supply Chain is a critical factor in developing a sustainable model that allows our clients to realize savings and efficiency gains long after our project is over.
Provide interim Materials Management/Supply Chain leadership to improve the efficacy and cost effectiveness of Supply Chain functions in the absence of permanent management.
Supply Chain Methodology Optimization: implementation and optimization of the most appropriate supply chain management methodologies for each area throughout the organization.
Logistics Analysis & Process Re-engineering: Assess supply chain workflow between Materials Management, Clinical and support departments with recommended action plan:
- Organization-wide Inventory optimization
- Experienced focus on Perioperative Services Supply Chain optimization
- Development of Supply Chain key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Vendor Management
- Waste Elimination
- Physician Preference Items Consolidation & Enhancement
- Surgical Preference Card Utilization & Standardization
Value Analysis Assessment: Evaluate current Value Analysis processes to ensure readiness to transition to new value-based reimbursement models (VBP); provide recommendations in support of product standardization, enhanced product utilization and optimization of related procurement and inventory management methodologies.
Revenue Enhancement: Charge Capture & Case Costing Improvement.
Software Systems Implementation & Optimization to include:
- Provide experienced leadership when converting or implementing a new materials management information system
- Develop a “single source of truth” Supply Item Master to include cross-departmental policy standards for supply information maintenance
- Clean up of existing Supply Item Master to ensure single standard descriptions and associated cost and reporting data
- Facilitate development and implementation of interface specifications and/or ensure integration between Materials Management and clinical and/or inventory management sub-systems
- Ensure focus on operational analytics to support internal “return on improvement” or external “return on investment” (ROI)